GM met Fawkes last night and everything went so well. I am so happy they are well met- potentially even friend material. Everything is working out so well and I have to admit, sometimes, even in the obviousness that it is real and valid, I find myself wondering when the other shoe will drop.

I don't know if it actually will or if my fears are based on how "big" this other shoe is perceived by how big the known shoe is. If that makes any sense. Simply: the greater the reward, the greater the risk and I'm scared of the parallel comparison between the two.
But, since I have no other reason to think so than my pessimistic side that believes I'm never allowed anything good or nice in my life, I'm telling it to shut up until I have due cause to be concerned. This is a honeymoon of sorts and I don't want to spend this time worried about what may never happen. We're three good people with good hearts and good intentions. That shouldn't be a recipe for disaster and I refuse to treat it as such.
We need this....we need him....we need GM. You work hard at being a good person, don't think you aren't allowed to benefit from that hard work from time to time. Everyone loves you and supports you and wants to prevent you from failing. Trust it.
This may also be me coming down from Fawkes driving me home from pool (and what we did....). It's funny how the highs can turn to crashes of despondence wanting more.
Okay. E-NOUGH, Afina. Stop being a melancholy fuddy duddy. Remember the date tomorrow? How much fun y'all are going to have? Think on that you silly girl. :P
Tomorrow. I am so excited. Fawkes and I have a date to go-to all things- a grocery store (and not just any grocery store) and gorge ourselves of various food items, along with the promise of trying something new that we both think is gross. It's going to be wonderful. :)
I have a small surprise in store for him...I hope. It all depends on mother nature and only things flowers know. But my earlier ideas for why I wanted to do this in the first placegave me a good omen at my work. I love serendipitous moments like that. :)
Buggar off shoe. You're not welcome here.
-Afina
No comments:
Post a Comment